Click HERE to join our worship service online.
Our mission is to Build Disciple’s, Grow in Faith, and Serve in Christ’s name. How do we live out that calling when our community is encouraged to mitigate the spread of a disease called coronavirus by limiting canceling or postponing in person gatherings?
We believe at South Blendon, that it reflects the Kingdom Values to care for those most vulnerable among us and contribute to the well being of the community to which God has called us. To that end we want to serve our community well by heeding the recommendations of the President of the United States and the Governor of Michigan to mitigate any exposure to our church and community of this disease.
At the same time, we must not act as people of fear, for we are people of faith. As our Classis has encouraged us we shall not panic, while at the same time make appropriate preparation. We will trust that God and the gospel is bigger and more powerful than any virus, while live out that same Gospel that calls us to serve others above ourselves.
With these principles before us, our Executive team has humbly decided to take the actions below. After having watched the news, consulted with some articles, listened to our Classis, and talked with a few churches, we realize everyone trying to do the best for those they shepherd realize that what is happening is unprecedented and no one is certain on the best course of action. These actions then are humbly and honestly being taken to err on the side of safety and care for our community.
- To protect the most vulnerable in our community we will hold our worship services online or through TV broadcast instead of in person until further notice.
- We will email out @ home Sunday School materials to parents so they can continue to guide their kids discipleship growth during this time, and be ready to be of support by phone to those families
- A number of gatherings in person will still take place on a case by case basis as long as they are smaller groups and no body who is sick attends them. These groups will include Life Groups, Youth Group, and ministry meetings.
You may wonder how to connect during this season.
- If you are able to connect online, we will post our interactive worship service through facebook, and our website at southblendon.org. The service time will be at 10 a.m. You will be able to watch the service, participate in live chats and questions during the service, take notes, and have someone pray with you through the online platform we have set up.
- Many of you do not have the technology to participate in this way, so we encourage you to watch our services on the local cable TV station WCETV. Our services are broadcast every Sunday at 2 pm, and Wednesday at noon. They broadcast the previous weeks service, so you may be a week behind, but we will keep sending the TV station our services.
- We also encourage you to keep giving as through these means South Blendon can continue to build disciples, grow in faith, and serve in Christ’s name. You can give online through our website, and or on the online worship site. If you prefer, you can mail your offerings by check through the mail.
Ultimately, as you will hear in the message this week from Psalm 121, “Our help is in the Name of the Lord.” He is our protector, and so we ask that you pray with us to protect our community, our nation, and our world from diseases like Coronavirus.